Saturday, January 7

Is it January?

Today was one of those days that you have so much to do but you think there's no way you can get it all done, but you do and its awesome!

This morning Jon and I had some errands we needed to run so we took the three youngest and left the two big kids with Grandma Andrea and Aunt Naomi. We went to Lowes to buy some stuff for the yard and some paint to repaint our master bath. (I love tools and gardening, and could spend loads of time and money there) The weather forecast had been saying something about being in the fifties today. A shock for us as it is January and we usually are covered in snow and freezing. We were hoping that we would be able to get our yard worked on since it wasn't suppose to be miserably cold. We were blessed with weather in the high 60s while we worked outside, and even had to go put some summer clothes on. It was insane but wonderful. Did I mention that our tulips are already starting to grow... We have them planted around our mail box and tree in the front yard and while working in the yard I noticed that the buds or shoots, whatever they are called are starting to poke through the dirt. It was hard to remember that its only January with weather and greenery like that.

While I was upstairs painting I heard Jon calling for me, and by the time I made sure I had no paint on my feet and made it out of the bathroom he was walking in our room saying something about going downstairs because I had a package. I was really confused as to what package I would be getting. So I headed downstairs and found three vegan cookbooks waiting for me. I had been wanting these three for awhile but hadn't brought myself to buy them. So Jon surprised me and ordered them. What a great surprise delivery. (Cookbooks are really the best gift - because they give back loads of goodies). That was like a cherry being added to my already excellent day.

We raked leaves, pulled weeds, mowed the lawn, put down some more mulch, and even painted our master bath --- amazed we pulled it all off, oh and I made some more cupcakes.

Oh - and I also learned that I love to mow the lawn. Jon keeps teasing me about it tonight, but he is right --- it goes well with my OCD (Jon diagnosed me with it years back). I love vacuuming because I love seeing the lines in the carpet, that and I love clean carpet. Well tonight I mowed the entire lawn (we have a large lot) and I loved creating the lines. lol. We all have our odd quirks and that's one of mine. 

fell asleep eating again

love her chubby cheeks

our yard gnome - the cutest in the neighborhood

Jon relaxing in the warm sunny air

fell asleep in the car

playing with Aunt Naomi

playing in one of the leaf piles

oops, the cloud dough was dumped on Grae's head  

yard work time

how many kids fit in one little jeep? 

giving kisses and loves -- Andrea, Naomi, and I all had our cameras out because they were being so adorable


No comments: