Sunday, January 8

Baking for the Soul

Hard to find time to blog with family in town, five kiddos, a migraine, and loads of things to get done around the house... this crazy weather is stirring up pollen's and such and bugging my allergies more so than usual leaving me with a killer headache today.

One thing that always calms me, helps me think things through, or forget the hurt is baking or cooking. So I headed in the kitchen and started making dinner and desserts. I made some veggie soup (carrots, celery, carrots, onions, kale, tomatoes, corn, peas, leeks, spinach, potato, and some egg noodles - also made from scratch), blackberry muffins from berries we picked at the farm during the summer, espresso brownie bars, chocolate cupcakes, and fresh french bread. During the baking I used some peppermint oil on my head to help with the headache and towards the end of baking I realized my headache had vanished.

yikes - its nearly midnight --- guess this post will be just about our baking adventures today. Hope everyone else had a great day. Even with the headache I had a very enjoyable afternoon in the kitchen baking away with the help of some of the kiddos while listening to the other kiddos play with Aunt Naomi, and all while Jon and Andrea watched some awesome food documentaries (my mom says those always get us in trouble because we love all the nutrition/against big corps/anything against GMO type documentaries and they always help keep our flame burning on our passion for health food, nonGMO's and blacklisting different companies).

French Bread in the making...  the mixer, oven, and I are the bread machine in this house. I love making, smelling, and eating fresh bread - so delicious

Conrad helping making the blackberry muffins

Trucks are always needing to help with the baking, lol. Zekie was playing trucks while watching me bake

the color from the blackberries was so pretty

Yum!

happy boy eating his salad

fresh out of the oven, super hot and so good

made some little bite sized egg noodles --- very easy and beats store bought any day. Added some turmeric for extra color and an added health benefit


Veggie Soup

my addiction - tazo passion tea with frozen raspberries and lots of lime

No comments: