Wednesday, August 20

Train Day

So today the kids and I went up to Rockville to eat lunch with Jon (being that the kids would be in bed by the time he gets home... late work nights are not much fun). Just past Rockville in the town of... Gaithersburg (I think) is an old train museum and steam train. Jon thought Bubba would love it - seeing how he is very into trains (thats an understatement)! He loved the big steam train that we could take pictures with - but then a real train came by. All the trains he had seen before were slow trains, hardly made any noise other than their whistle - but this train made the ground shake and the noise was that of being in the front row of a concert. Bubba quickly forgot that he liked trains... his face in the picture below says it all. (and yes, I am holding him while having Zek in the baby bjorn... poor Zek, I think Bubba held onto his head for dear life... hey, maybe thats how Jon got all those wrinkles in his head... if Zek has them when he is older we'll know why). Shortie on the other hand liked the loud train for a little bit -but she said she would rather have a quite train.

(not the best picture of me... but I was laughing super hard... that look is priceless!)


Then to another picture --- its tradition that Jon and I always take self portraits. If he takes it all you can see is him and top of my head, if I take it all you can see is me and the bottom of his head - or in both you just get a portion of each of us. Not really sure why, but we tend to always like the pictures - maybe because it makes us laugh. But now having five of us - its even harder to take self portraits... especially when the sun is in your eyes and you can barely look at the camera as evident in the picture below with the kids looking down, and me with only one eye open... and well, at least I got Jons chin :)






And for one last picture of the day ... Little Zek got a bath... Jon and I loved his little outfit after the bath. He is just so adorable!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Bubba's face! Great expression...and tells the whole story! Good job.

And Little Zek- oh my....I just want to hold and hug him....soon!