Wednesday, March 7

Dear Dallas

Dear Dallas,
Please accept my apologizes
 for having doubts about you.
 I was without a doubt wrong
 and you have been a fabulous place to live.
Oh, and thanks for also being awesome
on the homeschooling front!
Thank You!

After our first week of living here Jon and I had a conversation about wanting to go out and find a church, make new friends, and really get settled here. He mentioned something about knowing it would take time to get everything figured out and what not... however what we do have in the first week of Dallas has blown away the last four years of Va---
1. We had a neighbor from the adjoining block come over - bringing cookies, a card, and their contact info in case we needed anything.
2. We met three other neighbors all of whom said if we needed anything to not hesitate to ask (which we did when our water pipe broke). In Va we never met a neighbor, nope, not one.
3. Sarah and Collin (and Roscoe) stopped by for a quick hello the day we got in town (there's nothing quick about a 24 hour drive to say hi)
4. We stopped by Sarah and Collins because we were in the neighborhood, so why not
5. My Mom and Grandma came up for Shortie's party (dad was sick)
6. Sarah and Collin (and Roscoe) came to Shortie's party
7. My cousin, his wife, and their three children also came to Shortie's party
8. My Mom's two brothers, and one of my cousins stopped by to say Hi one night
9. Jon makes it home in ten minutes from work
10. I've been getting my freckle on (I don't tan, I burn or I get freckles...which if I get enough looks like a tan from afar), everyday we get to spend time outside enjoying the beautiful outdoors
11. We have family dinner together every night now that Jon is home earlier
12. Jon comes home for lunch.

I'm sure there are more things that took place in that first week that really impacted my decision on really liking it here - but those are the ones that have really stood out for me.

my view while laying in the backyard enjoying the cool breeze with the kiddos. The church down the street has bells that ring every hour - making it more enjoyable and peaceful.

No comments: