Tuesday, March 20

Daddy Time

next generation to take over the family business (like our lack of tv stand... we are still looking for one we really like after not moving our old one)

boys helping make masa for our tamales. Love my huge mixer - all of that masa  would not fit in our kitchen aid. thankful to have both!

some of my pretty flowers that Jon surprised me with

One of my favorite times of the day is when Jon gets home. Regardless of what kind of day we've had, waiting for daddy to get home and then when his car finally pulls up - the reaction of the kids and Jon always melts my heart. We all go to the front porch and wait for Jon. Looking, waiting, and hoping for him to be home. When his car turns down our block all the kids freeze, wait for his car to pull up to a stop, wait for it to turn off (its our rule) and then they run to his door bursting with excitement. 

There is no down time for Jon. Some Dads (and Moms) get home and need their down time before going into full Daddy mode. Not Jon. That's one of the many things I love so much about him. He jumps right into the "Dad, Dad, Dad, Dad" mode. Everyone has a story to tell him. There are ouchies to be shown, coloring pages to display... so many things for Daddy to take in all at once, and he does it wonderfully. It really does melt my heart!

on the look out for Daddy

she realized I was taking pictures and came over and said "cheeeeese" 

she is so not camera shy

Shortie showing me how strong she is

and he's home - RUN

so blessed!

love it!

peanut butter cake face!

nose scrunch

me and my baby

No comments: