Monday, June 27

Some Photos

The kids grow fast. 

And I know before long I wont remember the details of our days when they were young. Their silly little facial expressions that they seem to make all day long will soon be a fading memory. There’s so many little details I never want to forget. The way they clap when they see Daddy’s car coming down the street, and the sparkle in their eye when he opens his car door. The times when (every) night they poke their head out their room and say “I want water… I want a kiss…. I want…anything but to go to bed” (okay they don’t say the last one but that’s what they're really saying), I know those moments, although at times feel so frustrating, won’t last. Soon we’ll look back and miss their excuses for more Mommy and Daddy time. Or how every night Shortie colors us a picture and drops it down the stairs for us to find when we go to bed. Heck, I know I’ll even look back with a little sadness on the moments with all five in car seats and how going for a drive always meant loud nonstop chatter.

Just the other day I was giving the boys a bath and bent my head down to wipe something off the tub and Conrad filled their bath bucket up with water and dumped on my head. Clapping. Loud happy clapping followed. He was so proud of himself thinking he was washing my hair or doing me a favor – because that’s exactly what we do to him --- It was so funny and precious I couldn’t do anything but laugh and clap along with him – he got me. Its moments like that I wish I could have caught on tape or never forget.

So I take lots of pictures – trying to help my memory remember all these times – the good and the bed (yup, I try to take pictures of when jam was tracked all over the house, when paint was smeared all over the basement, when my brand new expensive lotion was squirted all in the toilet… can’t forget those moments too…. If not for anything but evidence to show the kids when they are older). We are so blessed and the photos can serve as a nice reminder of just how blessed we are.

the boys

silly faces

more silly faces

eating celery

(hehe. future blackmail) helping me cook

playing keys together

No comments: