Tuesday, April 27

Turris Fortis Mihi Deus

My new tattoo!

Both Jon and I have a thing for tattoos - although everytime he starts to save for his tattoo the money goes to music supplies (he wants a huge [huge!] tattoo on his back. it would be a cross that was a little like a sword with the middle being the head of a lion and with a verse wrapped around).

Turris Fortis Mihi Deus is from my Kelley Family Crest and translates best to "God is My Tower of Strength"

It is on my right leg on the outside where I can read it when I look down - my right leg is the one that has caused the most hardship in recent years (my left has required the most surgeries, but my right seems to be the one causing the most confusion to doctors on how to 'fix' it) I wanted it up on the outside of my knee where it dislocates, but with a surgery in the future I didn't want the tattoo to get distorted.

No comments: